There is a new security feature in Windows 8 called smart screen. This new level of security can help prevent unknown computer programs from running on your computer. I ran into a situation where I wanted to disable the smart screen feature. Below are the steps needed to complete in order to turn it off.
1. Open up the control center.
2. Click on Action Center
3. In the left pane click on “Change Windows SmartScreen Settings”
4. Select the option for how you would like Windows SmartScreen to handle unrecognized apps.
5. Select Ok to close the dialog box.
6. You can also choose to disable message so you will not get the security warning in the desktop tray.